Best Colour Label Printers – Review & Buying Guide [UPDATED 2023]
- Up to 100 mm per second printing speed
- 1,200 x 1,200 dpi printing resolution
- 108 mm maximum print width
- Fits easily into existing systems
- Comprehensive CoverPlus options
- Easy integration with ZPL II, SAP, major middleware, and more
- 1″ 25mm to 8.34″ 212mm maximum print width
- Compatibility with Mac & Windows
- 1 Year CoverPlus engineer on-site service
- It can be integrated with SAP
- CodeSoft, ESC/Label, NiceLabel, BarTender, and native drivers
Short on time?
Our recommended colour label printer is the Epson C31CK03102BK ColorWorks CW-C4000E (BK)!
Having a colour label printer at your leisure may be both enjoyable and practical.
Many people would go so far as to suggest that they are the ideal replacement for desktop printers, not to mention that they are far more cost-effective. However, why do you feel the need to print labels in colour?
It will save you significant time, effort, and money and give your customers the impression that your company is much more professional. And for that to take place, you will need a colour thermal label printer of the highest quality. But before we get any further into this topic, let’s consider the many things you must consider.
The ability to print your label whenever and wherever you like may work wonders for your productivity levels. However, for this to occur, you will need to be sure that your label printer is not just portable but also functional and straightforward.
Our List Of The Best Colour Label Printer For 2023
1. Epson C31CK03102BK ColorWorks CW-C4000E (BK) Colour Label Printer – Editor’s Choice
The Epson C31CK03102BK ColorWorks CW-C4000E label printer is a versatile and reliable option for businesses looking to print high-quality labels on demand. With colour-matching functionality and a wide colour gamut, the printer produces crisp and sharp images on various media. The setup and operation of the printer are straightforward and intuitive.
The printer also offers seamless integration with existing systems and a wide variety of connectivity options, including optional Wi-Fi connectivity. Overall, the C4000 label printer is an excellent choice for businesses looking for a reliable, high-performance label printing solution.
- High-quality results on a range of media, including glossy labels.
- Colour matching functionality and wide colour gamut for crisp, sharp images.
- Simple setup and highly intuitive operation.
- Seamless integration with existing systems, including ZPL II, SAP, and major middleware.
- Reliability and durability.
- Maximum printing width of 108 mm may be limiting for some users.
- Gloss black ink may not be suitable for all types of media with a diversity of label types.
- Wi-Fi connectivity is optional so additional costs may be incurred.
2. Epson ColorWorks C6500AE Inkjet Colour Label Printer – Runner Up
The Epson ColorWorks C6500AE Inkjet Colour Balanced Label Printer is a high-performance compatibility option for printing full-colour labels. The printer offers a wide range of label sizes, from 1 inch to 8.34 inches, and can handle address label cores of 3 inches or 76mm and a maximum outer diameter of 6 inches or 152mm. The C6500AE uses Epson’s PrecisionCore CMYK pigment ink technology, which provides a vibrant array of labels with the durability of pigment ink. The printer can produce detailed, high-quality labels with five print settings and a maximum resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi.
This printer is ideal for those who need to print smaller volumes of chemical labels, GHS drum labels, and other durable colour labels. It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac/iOS and can be integrated with SAP, so you can also use it as your desktop label printer. It also supports popular label design and printing software like ESC/Label, BarTender, CodeSoft, and NiceLabel and has native drivers for efficient label printing.
The Epson ColorWorks C6500AE is a consumer-grade label maker that is reliable, and versatile option for businesses looking to print high-quality, full-colour labels.
- The ability to print full-colour labels in a wide range of sizes, from 1 inch to 8.34 inches.
- Epson’s PrecisionCore CMYK pigment ink technology provides a bunch of labels with the durability of pigment ink.
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac/iOS, and can be integrated with SAP.
- Support popular custom label design and printing software like ESC/Label, BarTender, CodeSoft, and NiceLabel and have native drivers for them.
- It may not be suitable for large-volume label printing.
- The cost of the printer may be high for some small businesses.
- The die-cut label core and outer diameter size are limited to 3 inches and 6 inches, respectively, which may not be suitable for some applications.
- Pigment ink may not be suitable for dozens of label types.
3. Epson ColorWorks TM-C3500 Colour Label Printer – Best Selling
The Epson ColorWorks TM-C3500 Commercial-Grade Label Printer is a professional, full-colour label printer capable of producing high-quality labels at a fast speed of up to 103mm per second. It has a print resolution of 720 x 360 dpi and a maximum print width of 104mm, and it can handle media widths from 30mm to 112mm. The printer also has an automatic cutter and USB & Ethernet interfaces for easy connectivity. It is compatible with 4″ rolls and fanfold media, and it is also compatible with Windows.
This printer comes with Epson DURABrite ultra-pigmented ink, producing vibrant, durable labels. The printer is available in two different Starter Kits, one for Shelf-edge Ticket printing and another for Natasha’s Law Allergen labelling. The Starter Kits come with the printer, AC adaptor, driver and utilities (CD), NICE LABEL SE label software, individual color ink cartridges, central unit, maintenance box, roll paper, user manual and 12-month next business day swap-out warranty.
The Epson ColorWorks TM-C3500 Colour Label Printer is an excellent design option for businesses that need to print countless labels on-demand with high quality and durability. It is also a perfect choice for businesses that need to comply with Natasha’s Law Allergen labelling regulations. However, the printer may not be suitable for large-volume label printing, and the cost of the printer may be high for some small businesses.
- Fast printing speed of up to 103mm per second.
- Compatible with 4″ rolls and fanfold media and compatible with Windows.
- Epson DURABrite ultra-pigmented ink produces vibrant and durable labels.
- Available in two different Starter Kits for Shelf-edge Ticket printing and Natasha’s Law Allergen labelling.
- Comes with a 12-month next-business-day swap warranty.
- It may not be suitable for large-volume label printing.
- The maximum print width of 104mm may be limiting for some users.
- Pigment ink may not be suitable for certain types of labels.
- Doesn’t have a built-in rechargeable battery.
Things To Consider When Buying a Colour Label Printer
When buying a colour label printer, there are several things to consider to ensure you get the suitable machine for your needs. Whether a small business owner or a large corporation, the right colour business label printer can save you time and money while providing high-quality product labels.
Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for a colour label printer:
1. Print Quality
One of the most important factors to consider when buying a colour label printer is the print quality. Look for a printer that produces high-resolution, crisp, clear printing of labels with vibrant colours. Some printers may have a higher resolution than others, so it’s essential to compare the print quality of different business models before deciding.
Another essential factor to consider is the speed of the printer. If you plan on printing many labels, a faster printer will save you time and increase efficiency. Look for a printer with a high print speed and the ability to handle multiple print jobs simultaneously.
The comprehensive connectivity options of a colour label printer are also essential to consider. Some printers only have USB connectivity, while others offer Ethernet or built-in wireless connectivity options. If you plan on connecting your printer to multiple devices or computers, it’s essential to look for a printer with various connectivity options.
4. Media Handling
A colour label printer’s media handling capabilities are also essential. Some printers may only handle standard label sheets sizes, while others may be able to print on different types of media, such as cardstock, clip art medium or glossy paper. It’s essential to consider the choice of types of roll labels you plan on bar code printing and choose a printer that can handle the appropriate media along with the choice of materials.
Moreover, you should also read our last article about the best label printers for jars in 2023.
Of course, the cost is also an essential factor when buying a colour label printer. You’ll want to look for a printer that fits your budget and offers the necessary features and capabilities. Keep in mind that a higher-priced printer may have more advanced bonus features and better print quality, so it’s essential to weigh the cost against the value of the machine.
6. Brand and Support
Lastly, it’s essential to consider the brand and support when buying a colour-label printer. A well-known brand will likely have a better reputation and a more reliable product. Furthermore, choosing a printer with good customer support and warranty is better to ensure you can get help when needed.
Buying a colour label printer is a significant investment, and it’s essential to consider all of these factors before deciding. By considering print quality, speed, connectivity, media handling, cost, brand and support, you’ll be able to choose a printer that meets your needs and fits your budget. With the right colour label printer, you’ll be able to printing labels for your products, increasing the appeal and professionalism of your business.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
1. What are the main differences between inkjet and thermal colour label printers?
Inkjet colour label printers use a print head to spray droplets of ink onto the label, while thermal colour label printers use heat to transfer ink from a thermal ribbon to the title. Inkjet printers produce high-quality, photo-like images, while thermal printers are known for their durability and faster print speeds.
2. Can colour label printers print on different types of materials?
Yes, many colour label printers can print on various materials, including paper, synthetic, and thermal transfer labels. Some printers also can print on more specialized materials, such as glossy or waterproof label variety. It’s essential to check a printer’s specifications to ensure it can print on the specific materials you need for your business.
3. How can I maintain and troubleshoot my colour label printer?
Following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and guidelines is essential to maintain and to troubleshoot your colour label printer, ultimately fulfilling basic label printing needs. This may include cleaning the print head, replacing the ink or thermal ribbon, and ensuring the printer is connected to your computer. Additionally, troubleshooting common issues such as connectivity problems or poor print quality can be resolved by consulting the printer’s user manual or contacting the manufacturer’s customer support.
The Final Verdict
We hope that after reading our expert buyer’s guide for buying the colour label printer, you will better understand colour label printers. Making you invest in the right colour printer is our main motive.
To save you time, we have also shortlisted the top 3, after reviewing over 20 colour label printers, that you can trust us on.
Moreover, you should also read our previous article about the best shipping label printer in 2023.
The Best Colour Label Printer In 2023
The best color label printer in 2023 is the Epson C31CK03102BK ColorWorks CW-C4000E (BK) Colour Label Printer, and there are several reasons for it.
Firstly, it has a simple setup and highly intuitive operation. Secondly, it seamlessly integrates with existing systems, including ZPL II, SAP, and major middleware. And lastly, the reliability and durability of it.
Our #1 Colour Label Printer
Our number one colour label printer is the Epson C31CK03102BK ColorWorks CW-C4000E (BK) Colour Label Printer because of its easy-to-use and durable design.
As a runner-up, we recommend the Epson ColorWorks C6500AE Inkjet Colour Label Printer because of the Epson’s PrecisionCore CMYK pigment ink technology and compatibility with various software.
- 1 Best Colour Label Printers – Review & Buying Guide [UPDATED 2023]
- 1.1 Our List Of The Best Colour Label Printer For 2023
- 1.1.1 1. Epson C31CK03102BK ColorWorks CW-C4000E (BK) Colour Label Printer – Editor’s Choice
- 1.1.2 Epson C31CK03102BK Colour Label Printer
- 1.1.3 2. Epson ColorWorks C6500AE Inkjet Colour Label Printer – Runner Up
- 1.1.4 Epson C6500AE Colour Label Printer
- 1.1.5 3. Epson ColorWorks TM-C3500 Colour Label Printer – Best Selling
- 1.1.6 Epson TM-C3500 Colour Label Printer
- 1.2 Things To Consider When Buying a Colour Label Printer
- 1.3 Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
- 1.4 The Final Verdict
- 1.5 The Best Colour Label Printer In 2023
- 1.6 Our #1 Colour Label Printer